Thunderbolt [1995] - update

Additions and modifications to the database

Thunderbolt [1995] - update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:28 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=8056&complete_credits=1&display_set=eng

Finally it is here!!! My update for Thunderbolt [1995] is ready at last. How long has it been? A year or two? Longer? It sure feels like it. :P

It took ages to put it together in the first place due to the large number of stuntmen involved; coupled with all the doubling; changing of outfits; stand-ins; the editing and continuity doesn't help much either; and generally that lack of shots where you can actually get a decent look at who's who.

Then due to an unknown problem with an external hard-drive it was all lost. Maddening as this all was, perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, as this time I already knew who a lot of the people were, which freed up my frazzled brain a bit to concentrate on those I hadn't managed ID'd yet, and as a result I managed to ID several more people. :D

There's still quite a few background actor's left to ID though, I have ideas on a few and some I'm clueless on. But I've left these for now as I feel I've got enough done already, including all these brand new editions to the cast list: Anthony Chan Yau ; Chan Man-ching; Cho Wing; Christopher Chan Sai-tang; Frankie Chan Fan-kei; Gary Mak Wing-lun; Hon Chun; Jack Wong Wai-leung; Jimmy Hung Tin-cheung; Lai Sing-kwong; Lau Tung-ching; Louis Keung Kwok-wah; Steve Brettingham; Wan Fat; Wong Kim-wai; Yang Sheng; Yuen Miu :D

First things first, I have a question to other members in regards to the credit Wong Chi-wah (2). This person has no other credits or any other details (including character name). I believe it is most likely another from of the Chinese name for Dayo Wong Chi-wah who is already accounted for in this film. Any thoughts?

The other day I did my Koreans Update Project for martial arts actor Kadet Lee Seung-hoon, who acted as one of JC's stuntmen for this film, ONE of them, as I also saw JC being doubled by: Sam Wong Ming-sing; Mars; Cho Wing and even Ngai Sing, who (like Kadet Lee) wasn't credited on the film at all :o

I also saw Cho Wing doubling for Sawada Kenya too. And even though there was doubling going on all over the place, I added those I recognised doubling for other actors: Benny Lai Keung-kuen; Chan Siu-wah; Christopher Chan Sai-tang; Kong Fu-keung; Kong Miu-deng; Nicky Li Chung-chi and finally Kwan Yung (who like Kadet Lee and Ngai Sing didn't get a credit) :o

On a similar note, I added Yang Sheng to stunts too, rather than just stunt driver, as he's credited as “Stuntman & Stunt Driver”.

Now, onto the actor's and ID's:

NOTE: Because of some actors playing multiple roles (and it also helps distinguish characters), I've split the character name “Kong's thug” so that this name is for the men that fight JC at the garage; and “Kong's gunman” for the men with guns that attack the police station. Similarly, I've split “Saw's thug” with “Tattooed thug” the distinction being obvious. Also I've rearranged some of the name order to neaten up the cast list.

The people listed below had already been added to the cast list but didn't yet have a photo ID for that role:

Patrick Hon Jun as John

Joseph Cheung Man-kwong as Traffic Officer Joe

Jacky Cheung Chun-hung as Jackie's mechanic

Willie Wai Kar-hung as Jackie's mechanic [previously no name]

Hung Chi-sing as Policeman

Chan Ging-chi as Saw's thug / Jail guard [previously as Guard/Thug, had photo ID for Guard role]

Fan Chin-hung as Saw's thug / Policeman [previously as Thug]

Unknown 90s Actor (17) as Construction worker [previously as Extra]

Kong's thug:

Ailen Sit Chun-wai

Chan Tat-kwong

Choi Kwok-ping

Chu Tau

Mak Wai-cheung

Nicky Li Chung-chi

Rocky Lai Keung-kun

[all of these people had photo ID's for this role except Choi Kwok-ping]

Saw's thug:

Alex Yip Choi-nam

Anthony Carpio

Benny Lai Keung-kuen

Chan Siu-wah

Hsiao Ho

Kong Fu-keung

Kong Miu-deng

Lam Hak-ming [now Tattooed thug]

Lam Kwok-kit

Mars [now Tattooed thug]

Timmy Hung Tin-ming

[none of these people had photo ID's for this role except Alex Yip Choi-nam; Benny Lai Keung-kuen; and Mars]

Note: A few actors that already had ID pics as a certain character (Ailen Sit Chun-wai; Sam Wong Ming-sing etc.) I also took pics of. Some because they played other roles too and others just because I had some good shots while working through the scene and I thought, why not. :P

Finally we have the new ID's. This includes both: previously credited actor's other roles that hadn't been credited ;and brand new actors that obviously won't have been ID'd before:

Anthony Chan Yau as Race team member

Chan Man-ching as Kong's thug / Kong's gunman (role2) / Saw's thug (role3) / Racing team member (role4)

Chan Siu-wah as Jail guard (role2)

Chan Tat-kwong as Saw's thug (role2)

Choi Kwok-ping as Saw's thug (role2)

Cho Wing as Saw's thug

Christopher Chan Sai-tang as Saw's thug

Darryl Stogre as Race team member / Drunkard (role2) [couldn't get any pics]

Fan Chin-hung as Policeman (role2)

Frankie Chan Fan-kei as Race team member

Gary Mak Wing-lun as Policeman

Hon Chun as Saw's thug

Jack Wong Wai-leung as Policeman

Jimmy Hung Tin-cheung as Saw's thug

Kong Fu-keung as Tattooed thug (role2)

Kong Miu-deng as Tattooed thug (role2)

Lai Sing-kwong as Saw's thug

Lam Foo-wai as Kong's thug (role2)

Lau Tung-ching as Tattooed thug

Louis Keung Kwok-wah as Policeman

Mak Wai-cheung as Jail guard (role2)

Mars as Race team member (role2)

Nicky Li Chung-chi as Kong's gunman (role2) / Saw's thug (role3)

Rocky Lai Keung-kun as Tattooed thug (role2)

Sam Wong Ming-sing as Kong's gunman (role2) / Jail guard (role3)

Steve Brettingham as Jail guard

Wan Fat as Saw's thug

Wong Kim-wai as Saw's thug / Tattooed thug (role2)

Yang Sheng as Malaysian policeman

Yuen Miu as Saw's thug

Note: Christopher Chan Sai-tang and Kong Foo-keung, they seem to have their own unique outfits, but also share a grey outfit in certain shots. This outfit is also used by a chubby stuntman, who looks familiar but it's just not clicking in my head who he his. But on top of that he is also doubled by Kwan Yung, so at least 4 people wear that outfit!!! What a mess! :o

Well that's that. This was a big one, but at last the nightmare is over :P I can finally put a pin in this one and move on to other things....so many other things :P

For more details please see “Thunderbolt [1995] – new IDs” in “Actor Identification”.
Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications