Griffin Yueh Feng movies

Additions and modifications to the database

Griffin Yueh Feng movies

Postby abbot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:45 pm

Hello,

Based on an interview with Paul Fonoroff that I did back in 2005. Griffin Yueh Feng is one of the 16 directors of the film "博愛 Compassion (1942)" which he called "Humanity" during the interview. https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=16905&display_set=eng

So I added Yueh Feng in the directors list. I also added "Humanity" as an alternative title. I also add the alias Gu Lan-chung for the actress Violet Koo Lan-Chun

I also found some info on a Chinese website, but I don't know how to add it in the summary section. Here's the translation : "The movie "Compassion" (《博爱》), produced by the "China United Film Corporation" in 1942, consists of eleven small stories: love for humanity, love for children, love for the hometown, compassionate love, father-daughter love, brotherly love, mutual assistance, marital love, friendship love, group love, and family love. The "China United Film Corporation" promoted this film as a blockbuster, involving the entire cast and crew, claiming it as the painstaking work of "sixteen directors and forty stars."

One of the characters is an old man named Huí Qún, known for his philanthropy. His virtues are respected by the community, and they collectively raise funds to carve a plaque with the inscription "Compassion" to present to him. At that time, the old man was compiling a manuscript of stories about compassion, inviting neighbors to share their experiences and stories to enrich the content of the manuscript. Thus, the film unfolds through these eleven stories depicting love in human life.

"Compassion" was produced by the China United Film Corporation under the control of the Wang puppet government. The narrative involves romantic and picturesque elements and is ideologically aligned with the Wang puppet government's perspectives. Consequently, after the victory over Japan, the film was not screened either on the mainland or in Taiwan. It is preserved for academic research purposes only."
abbot

Re: Griffin Yueh Feng movies

Postby STSH » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:08 pm

Add to summary. It is under Basic Info.
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications