Cheng Ri-Qing (2) - double check

Additions and modifications to the database

Cheng Ri-Qing (2) - double check

Postby J.J.Hayden » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:36 pm

I just did a big update for the film Wind From The East [1973], as I was looking over it for another matter. This included adding the rest known cast members and updated the pages of all cast+crew (a few of them I can do mini bios for, but another time), but the issue I have is with one of the two Taiwanese cast members, credited as Jeong Il-Cheong, 정일청 in Hangul and the Hanja being 程日淸 . I did put the Hanja into the big5 search but found nothing, then put in the romanised name Cheng Ri-Qing and it came up with one person, but the Hanja didn't match and I couldn't check the face as this Cheng has no ID.

There's also the gap in between the films: this other Cheng's only acting credit being in 1966, it's a bit of a gap that leads me to think it's not the same person. Speaking of which I think there might be a third Cheng Ri-qing as the only other credit is as a singer in 1996, a huge 30 year gap, so someone with better knowledge than me about Taiwan might want to look into splitting those credits into 2 separate people.

So I created a new page, Cheng Ri-Qing (2), but as you all know, the Chinese spelling of names can change from film to film, so if someone thinks this might be someone already on the HKMDB, please let me know.

Also could someone please add the Chinese name for Korean Motion Picture Promotion (H.K.) Ltd. it's shown in the photo below, it'd just take a lot longer for me to try and find all the correct characters than someone more familiar with Chinese.

Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Re: Cheng Ri-Qing (2) - double check

Postby Harlock » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:48 pm

added the big5 for the company
Harlock
HKMDB Immortal and Co-Developer

Re: Cheng Ri-Qing (2) - double check

Postby J.J.Hayden » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:14 pm

Great. Cheers Harlock.
J.J.Hayden