Two movies named 英雄豪傑 mixed up

Additions and modifications to the database

Two movies named 英雄豪傑 mixed up

Postby yukabacera » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:15 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng

I recently started adding some credits to this entry, but as I got further into it I realized something was off. Almost none of the cast from the copy I was working with matched the cast in our entry. The director didn't match, either. So I looked into it and I found out that there are two Taiwanese video movies, both with Kao Pei-hsi, both called 英雄豪傑. Yes, really... Before I edited the entry, the cast looked like this (there were no crew credits apart from the director):
李小飛
李建平(1)
高佩熙
韋弘
吳松
張武傑
余麗玲
林曉白
邵羅輝

There is a video movie called 英雄豪傑 which stars Li Hsiao-fei, Ma Sha, Li Chien-ping and Kao Pei-hsi. Apart from the absence of Ma Sha, this seems to match our entry. This movie was directed by Yeh Ching-hui and seems to be a companion piece to 浪子!不是我 since the primary characters have the same names as in that movie and the crew credits are similar as well. They were probably made at the same time.
The other 英雄豪傑 also stars Kao Pei-hsi, Ting Hua-chung and some other people. The credited director is 龍眞 (I assume that's him.)
As you can see, the entry in our database credits 小萊 as a director. This name has no other credits. Also, I don't know why Winner's Workshop was added as the production company. Finally, clearly neither of these movies were made in 1983. So the whole entry is kind of a mess and it's been in the database forever. I guess the most sensible thing to do would be to remove the names I added and add the appropriate credits for the Yeh Ching-hui movie, as it seems like the cast is from that (but I don't know for sure since I don't have it.) That would also mean getting rid of the credits to Hsiao Lai and Winner's Workshop (which is certainly wrong either way.) Does anyone have any more information than I do, or any better suggestions for what to do with this entry?
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications