Power Dragon

Additions and modifications to the database

Power Dragon

Postby yukabacera » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:35 am

I just added the English title Power Dragon to this movie: https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=22046
which had no English title before. However, I then noticed that another movie from the same company, City Hunter (how original) already has the alias Power Dragon. This appears to have been based on the two VCD covers in the gallery: the one for Power Dragon (天劫) features identical shots of Ku Feng and Ho Chiang as the City Hunter VCD. This all reminds me of a situation we had before, with two movies from the same production company, no less: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56192

As before, the plot summary from the Power Dragon VCD can be found online:
www.buyoyo.com wrote:威被黑幫林爺陷害販毒,被警押解途中威之兄弟龍及康冒險將其救出,威決找真相洗脫罪名,威潛入林之兄弟洪峰家要脅林露面,但林不理洪為自救,供出林之軍火收藏處,威與龍及康決往消滅軍火庫,而林已布下天羅地網要將威等人消滅,可是……

This matches the movie called 轟天龍. In addition, this picture from an unknown source is attached to the City Hunter page:
It shows Lin Tse-ming. Presumably, this screenshot was somehow associated with City Hunter somewhere, and based on this, it was added to that entry and Lin Tse-ming was added to the cast list with the "[scenes cut]" note, since he does not actually appear in the movie. (However, he really is erroneously credited on the VCD cover.) I can confirm this scene is from 轟天龍. This all leads me to conclude that the title Power Dragon was wrongly attributed to City Hunter based on the resemblance of the VCD covers, much like in the Dangerous Touch/The Horrified Dream situation. So, if nobody disagrees, I will soon remove the Power Dragon title from the City Hunter page, move the Chinese alias 天劫 to the 轟天龍 page, move the screenshot to the 轟天龍 page, and remove Lin Tse-ming's credit from the City Hunter page.
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Re: Power Dragon

Postby yukabacera » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:18 pm

yukabacera wrote:I will soon remove the Power Dragon title from the City Hunter page, move the Chinese alias 天劫 to the 轟天龍 page, move the screenshot to the 轟天龍 page, and remove Lin Tse-ming's credit from the City Hunter page.

All changes made.
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications