New Dragon Gate Inn [1992] update

Additions and modifications to the database

New Dragon Gate Inn [1992] update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Tue May 16, 2023 2:07 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=7584&display_set=eng

Went over and updated the page for New Dragon Gate Inn [1992], changing some of the cast order and the character names to match the HKL version (these for the most part match the Big5 version). I also added a few unlisted cast members and made some updates to existing cast members. I've also added pics with IDs for all the cast I recognised.

I also added a mini bio for Yumiko Cheng and also added some pics of her to Centre Stage [1992] from my research.

I left the name Ngai Chung-Wai on the cast list. I didn't see it on the films credits (but several names aren't there) and it seems to be the only credit to that name. I couldn't find any convincing close matches but on the Wikipedia page (though not a great source) it is there too and credited to the character "Dao", but didn't see or hear of a character with that name. The closest thing would be "Diao Gui", but he is played by Tong Chuan (I know this as fact), I checked his aliases too but it didn't match, so I don't know who Ngai Chung-Wai is, does anyone?

There's also a bunch of familiar faces that I can't quite ID, I think there might be: Patrick Ling Chi-hung; San Sin; Kong Chuen; Mak Wai-cheung etc. I've put a bunch of pics on KFF if any members could take a look that'd be great.

Cheers

To see IDs please go to "New Dragon Gate Inn - IDs" in the Actor Identification section.
Last edited by J.J.Hayden on Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Re: New Dragon Gate Inn [1992] update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Thu May 25, 2023 1:36 am

Unfortunately I've had no success with any IDs over at KFF. So I booted up my old Flickr account and added a the pics up there, some I think I may have the right IDs, some are a bit more of a leap and then there's a whole bunch of cast members that I don't have any strong ideas on but maybe someone else has suggestions. I'll try to get the pictures to show up on here, if it doesn't work, I'll just put the link to the public Flickr album.

Cheers

btw: (I'll put this here as this film is Tong Chuan's most famous role) I've uploaded an interesting photo from bts of Drunken Master II, of Tong Chuan (who doubled for Liu Chia-liang) and JC on the set of the train scene.

Couldn't link the images, so here the link to the Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/194453286@N04/albums/72177720308541102/with/52923912080/
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications