"The Silent Guest from Peking" (1973)

Additions and modifications to the database

"The Silent Guest from Peking" (1973)

Postby heinz Germany » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:40 am

added credits to "The Silent Guest from Peking" (1973) which has Cinematographer and Editor f.E. who are not credited yet.
https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/credits.mht ... ay_set=eng Anybody can read those captures and add the names?
BTW: realized that many Law Kei's movies of that period don't have any Cinematographer listed yet, I try to close that gap
Found that Cinematographer myself (陳幹) in The virgin sword...
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Re: "The Silent Guest from Peking" (1973)

Postby bkasten » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:33 am

I and the Official HKMDB Cantonese Language Consultant have read an additional 7 credits from these caps - none of whom appear to be in the database yet...which concerns me. I will add them once I have done a bit more digging on these...
bkasten
Administrator

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 am

According youtube credits screenwriter is 丁岡, not Law Kei (doesn't necessarily mean anything, as I don't know if there are other credits saying otherwise).

Could the prop credits be 楊世政 and 麥叔明? Both would be in the database with prop credits. I admit it requires imagination to identify some characters as such (especially 叔).

(and costume credits looks like 錢似鶯 to me, but Mama Hung doesn't have any costume credits)
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby heinz Germany » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:21 am

Thank You for Your support with the credits, I am sorry I couldn't get better ones. That 丁岡 is really interesting,
I searched him/her In HKFA and found 5 credits, kind of artist.So I created him now: https://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Postby bkasten » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Chen Hung Lieh wrote:Could the prop credits be 楊世政 and 麥叔明? Both would be in the database with prop credits. I admit it requires imagination to identify some characters as such (especially 叔).
(and costume credits looks like 錢似鶯 to me, but Mama Hung doesn't have any costume credits)

Yes. I believe you may be correct on the props. And I agree on the Mama Hung not likely to be costume. I will update some of the credits.
bkasten
Administrator

Return to Additions and Modifications