The First Exposure (1982) producer & alias title

Additions and modifications to the database

The First Exposure (1982) producer & alias title

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:28 am

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng

I would like to remove the Chinese "IFD title", as it is the same as the Chinese original title, only difference is the misspelling of 虎 as 處.

I found no IFD source saying 處, neither in the old pressbook nor in the new IFD catalogue. But I found an archived webpage of the old IFD online catalogue saying 虎:

I would also like to remove Joseph Lai from producer credits (as well as change IFD Films from production company into distributor), as I can't imagine he was involved in the Taiwanese original production. He only appears in IFD credits, not in the Chinese original credits. Otherwise we would have to add him in several other Taiwan productions re-released by IFD.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Re: The First Exposure (1982) producer & alias title

Postby heinz Germany » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am

Agreed, I hate his name appears all over many movies he was never involved in the making, maybe he even don't earn the two
directing credits, too. I'd like to know when IFD Films & Arts Ltd. realy started "making movies", too, probably many early movies they only distributed / re-edited years later, but now they credited with production (and thus Joseph Lai)
I removed IFD now in "Golden Sand" (1969) as production company already. Others might follow as I see original credit-captures...
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Thanks, Heinz. I changed IFD Films into Distributor now, removed the Alias and Joseph Lai (also added "props" Lau Gin-Chuen)
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:19 pm

heinz Germany wrote:Others might follow as I see original credit-captures...
"Virago", "Golden Fists of a Duo", "Golden Queens Commando" and "Who Knows About Me" might be worth checking, I will do one or the other when I have time.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications