The Quadrals of the Los' (1968) Alias title question

Additions and modifications to the database

The Quadrals of the Los' (1968) Alias title question

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:34 am

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng

The Alias "Four Tigers from Law Gate" was added not long ago, to me it looks like as if this was based on the Wu Tang Collection title (sometimes they create their own inofficial english titles):
https://hkmdb.com/db/images/movies/1878 ... 8-85-b.jpg

I would not consider this Wu Tang Youtube title an official title. Otherwise there would be more inofficial titles that could be added to the database (please not).

Maybe I'm wrong and there's an official source, in this case I apologize to make a fuss here. Maybe the editor who added this title reads this topic and can clear it up and add the source to the alias title (this movie is so damn rare, I would be extremely grateful to know of an official release).
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Re: The Quadrals of the Los' (1968) Alias title question

Postby yukabacera » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Chen Hung Lieh wrote:I would not consider this Wu Tang Youtube title an official title. Otherwise there would be more inofficial titles that could be added to the database (please not).

I completely agree and I think it isn't even a debatable point. Anyone can upload movies to YouTube and call them whatever they like. Made-up titles have no place in a database.
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:22 pm

It's just the yellow selfmade title translation in the stream/screenshot that aroused my suspicion.

I could very well be wrong and it's an official title. After another google research I came across with a gztown post/upload from 2017 where the movie was already called by this alias. Maybe the source for the Wu Tang upload. Well, a gztown posting (without any pictures backing up this title) is still no proof for an official title, but at least it seems not to have been made up by the Wu Tang channel this time.

If an official source remains unknown, I would like to suggest to add the note "literal title" to the Alias. This would neither exclude nor claim to be an official title, whereas a simple "alias" without any further info creates the impression of the latter (at least for me).
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby bkasten » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:50 pm

Heinz added this alias on 04/14/2020 and can presumably answer the question. If there is a legitimate source then fine, otherwise I agree with the arguments and I will remove it the absence of objection.
bkasten
Administrator

Postby heinz Germany » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:21 am

After 1 1/2 year I have no memory, but probably I forget to point out (Translation)
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications