Gallant Knight (1969) title

Additions and modifications to the database

Gallant Knight (1969) title

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng

I found three online sources that say "The Gallant Knights", whereas I found none that says "The Gallant Knight".

丹心令
(岳飛後傳)
The Gallant Knights

Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Re: Gallant Knight (1969) title

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:24 am

In the meanwhile I obtained the Tai Seng tape myself and I can confirm now that the cover picture above isn't fake ;)

Tai Seng screenshot:
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:03 pm

I have changed the main title into Gallant Knights now, But I am uncertain if the variant without "s" exist somewhere, so I preserved the variant without "s" as an alias for now. By an Internet archive search I found out that the "s" variant were the first title, and the "s" letter has been removed later. Either accidentally or he really had a version without "s" that led him to the mistake the "s" would be obsolete(?)
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby heinz Germany » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:56 pm

it would be nice if we add those pictures to the movie, after that we change the poster and I remove my small one
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:17 pm

heinz Germany wrote:it would be nice if we add those pictures to the movie, after that we change the poster and I remove my small one

Yes, I have added the pictures. But I leave the decision to you which poster to choose for the main page, as I have no problems with the current one.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby heinz Germany » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:21 pm

thank You very much, I like the new added poster much better, since the old one is quite little.
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Postby yukabacera » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Chen Hung Lieh wrote:But I am uncertain if the variant without "s" exist somewhere, so I preserved the variant without "s" as an alias for now. By an Internet archive search I found out that the "s" variant were the first title, and the "s" letter has been removed later. Either accidentally or he really had a version without "s" that led him to the mistake the "s" would be obsolete(?)

I think we should remove it. It should be up to whoever added/changed the title to show it's worth including, not up to us to painstakingly search for sources to support 'orphaned' data like that. If there's a good source for the Knight title somewhere out there, it can always be added back.
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:45 pm

yukabacera wrote:
Chen Hung Lieh wrote:But I am uncertain if the variant without "s" exist somewhere, so I preserved the variant without "s" as an alias for now. By an Internet archive search I found out that the "s" variant were the first title, and the "s" letter has been removed later. Either accidentally or he really had a version without "s" that led him to the mistake the "s" would be obsolete(?)

I think we should remove it. It should be up to whoever added/changed the title to show it's worth including, not up to us to painstakingly search for sources to support 'orphaned' data like that. If there's a good source for the Knight title somewhere out there, it can always be added back.
I tend to remove too, but I still have the hope the one who changed it reads this topic and can clear it up. Last archived snapshot (web.archive.org) is from November 2020, at that time the title was still correct. So it must have been changed within the last 9 months by an editor who is probably still active.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:43 pm

yukabacera wrote: If there's a good source for the Knight title somewhere out there, it can always be added back.
I agree, alias deleted.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications