Ku Kuan-Chung Birthplace?

Additions and modifications to the database

Ku Kuan-Chung Birthplace?

Postby venomsfan » Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 am

Recently, I have been researching and looking into more information about Ku Kuan-Chung. I noticed that on his page in the biography section that it says that he was born in the Guangdong province of China. However, I came across an interview with various articles in a Chinese magazine that was cited as saying he was born in Hong Kong. I was wondering if this is something that needs to be looked into! I know that this website strives for accuracy and this may need to be modified if it turns out to be true. It would be appreciated if someone would help clear this matter up. I thought it was best to bring this to light in hopes to double check that what information is right. Does anyone have any thoughts? Below I will attach the picture from the magazine that was cited as having that information in it:

IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg (178.22 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
venomsfan

Re: Ku Kuan-Chung Birthplace?

Postby bkasten » Mon May 17, 2021 12:43 pm

Thanks for this contribution, venomsfan. I will investigate this and update appropriately.

HKMDB data is always under constant review, and we always invite contributions like yours. Birthplace is often uncertain, and we often have to rely upon secondary source evidence.
bkasten
Administrator

Re: Ku Kuan-Chung Birthplace?

Postby bkasten » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:50 pm

Based on this and other sources, I have updated Ku Kuan-Chung to reflect that he was born in H.K. and spent some of his childhood living in Taiwan.
bkasten
Administrator

Return to Additions and Modifications