Gecko Kungfu

Additions and modifications to the database

Gecko Kungfu

Postby Bruce » Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:21 pm

I just bought the VCD for Gecko Kungfu. It looks like it was made in 1973 or thereabouts. The only cast members credited in English were:<br><br>Okada Kawai<br>Suen Ga Lam<br>Kong Kai (the hero, his face is unfamiliar)<br><br>Also in the cast was Bruce Li, as a villain (obviously this was before he began work as a pseudo Bruce Lee).<br><br>And there's a mustached guy in the cast who is extremely familiar, but I don't know his name. He was Polly Kuan's father in Invincible Super Guy, and was the driver of the robbed wagon in The Damned.<br><br>
Bruce

Re: Gecko Kungfu

Postby STSH » Thu Aug 02, 2001 3:23 pm

By "moustached guy", do you mean Miu Tin ? There's a pic linked to his page, to check.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Bruce » Thu Aug 02, 2001 3:43 pm

Nope, that's not him.<br><br>The guy I'm referring to was also in (off the top of my head):<br>Queen Boxer (The Avenger): one of the villain's main henchmen<br>Duels in the Desert: One of the good guys, he won the horse race in the previous year<br>No One Can Touch Her: Chia Ling's father in the flashback sequence<br><br>
Bruce

Postby mpongpun » Fri Aug 03, 2001 10:27 am

Bruce,<br>That guy is Hsieh Han or Sit Han. <br><br>Also, FYI, since I know you like Kitty Meng, she is also in The Dragon, The lizard, and the Boxer. <br><br>Silver Fox
mpongpun

Re: Sit Hon?

Postby Bruce » Fri Aug 03, 2001 5:49 pm

Many thanks for the Kitty info.<br><br>So this is Sit Hon?<br>http://www.beijingvideo.com/bac/x10.html <br>This is indeed the guy I was referring to, and he is in Gecko Kungfu.<br><br>Back in June on this message board I posted a message on Unsubdued Furies and asked who this guy is<br>http://www.beijingvideo.com/xue.jpg<br>and was told that he is Sit Hon. <br>Beijing Video lists him as Xue Han, at<br>http://www.beijingvideo.com/bac/z49.html<br><br>Is Xue Han in your database, and if so under what name?
Bruce

Re: Sit Hon?

Postby mpongpun » Fri Aug 03, 2001 11:42 pm

This link: www.beijingvideo.com/bac/x10.html is Sit Hon (Canto) or Hsieh Han (Mandarin).<br><br>www.beijingvideo.com/xue.jpg is Xue Han. I do not know his Chinese name. Me and STSH have been trying to find his name. Xue Han doesn't appear to be in the DB.<br><br>Yes, back in June, we originally stated that the guy form Unsubdued Furies, Xue Han, was indeed the Sit Hon in the DB. We were wrong. After checking out the Chinese names in a few movies, such as BEACH OF THE WAR GODS, we saw that the Chinese name in Beach of the War Gods for Hsieh Han, matched up with the Chinese name in the DB for Sit Hon. Thus Hsieh Han=Sit Hon or the guy in the link for: www.beijingvideo.com/bac/x10.html <br><br>I'm trying to find Xue Han's name. I will find it. Give me time.<br><br>Silver Fox
mpongpun

Return to Additions and Modifications