Two Ling Wans (or Lings Wan ?))

Additions and modifications to the database

Two Ling Wans (or Lings Wan ?))

Postby STSH » Wed Jun 27, 2001 1:52 pm

SFox has recently pointed out to me that prolific sword hero/villain Ling Wan could not possibly have been old enough to have directed films in the 1950s.<br><br>This means that the name Ling Wan covers two different people, currently clumped under ID 1835.<br><br>So Sfox and I are now trying to untangle this one. Quite a task, considering that Ling Wan the younger appeared in at least dozens of films.<br><br>I've created an identity which identifies the younger as Ling Yun (and alt was Ling Wan 2), which is the way he was usually credited in English i.e. the mandarin pronouciaton. This is ID 14128, and have moved over about half a dozen films he is known to have appeared in.<br><br>I have alt'd Ling Wan the elder as Ling Wan 1, and further propose the proper name be changed to Ling Wan (1), as has been extensively and agreed to in many earlier posts.<br><br>SFox has a terrific detailed knowledge of old fu and sword films, so should be able to clear some of this up. But my concern is that the careers of the two Ling Wans appear to overlap. So, if anyone out there has a definitive list of either man's films, speak up. Or even a partial list.<br><br>Fox and I will work on this one, but it could take quite a while. This is a crossover which appears to have been there since the time the Db started, and has therefore been compounded since.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications