Updating Japanese actor names in SAGA OF THE PHOENIX

Additions and modifications to the database

Updating Japanese actor names in SAGA OF THE PHOENIX

Postby STSH » Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:13 pm

Saga of the Phoenix (ID 7354) features a number of Japanese actors, this film being a Japanese co-production. Several of them have already been updated to their correct Japanese names, but three are still in Cantonese form. The translations have been provided by my wife, who is Japanese.<br><br>Sing San Taai Long = famous Japanese movie star Katsu Shintaro, male<br><br>Gwat Yau Ga Lei = Tachibana Yukari, female<br><br>Lam Gong Wai Ji = Hayashi Okakeiko, female<br><br>I submit that their primary names should be changed to the Japanese, as this is their nationality, and esp as the first actor is famous in his own right and completely unknown under the Cantonese version of his name (except perhaps in HK), rather than simply adding the J/ese names as an alias.<br><br>If no objections, I propose the Japanese should be the primary names for these actors, and they be aliased by the cantonese phonetics.<br><br>I have already updated their nationality and genders, and await instruction re the primary names, as per the admin post of 6/6.<br><br>PS My missus warns that the third one is an unusual name.<br><br><br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Re: Shintaro Katsu

Postby STSH » Fri Jun 22, 2001 1:00 pm

IMDB shows him to be the same guy.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Additions and Modifications