Error

Additions and modifications to the database

Error

Postby pjshimmer » Sun Jun 10, 2001 1:49 am

The BIG5 character for "rock" is "shi2", not "dan4".<br><br>
<b>"Film will only become an art when its materials are as inexpensive as pencil and paper."</b> -- Jean Cocteau

What's a good movie? <b>"You may love it; you may hate it. But let him who is not a ghost dare say that he has felt nothing."</b>
pjshimmer

Re: Error

Postby STSH » Fri Jun 15, 2001 10:25 am

There are quite a few of these errors. For instance, the character for "Flower" is pronounced in Cantonese as "Fa", but the computer generated word is "Dut".<br><br>One I'm less certain about it the word for Sand, which is generated as "Qui" but is pronounced "Sha".<br><br>There are several more which I can't recall at the mo, and probably even more which a native speaker could pick out.<br><br>Admin, is there any proposed method for correcting these encoded errors ? It would be very time-consuming to correct all of these in names one by one.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby pjshimmer » Sat Jun 16, 2001 3:29 am

Sand is Sha and DEFINITELY NOT Qui. Furthermore, as I pointed out once before, Red is Hong2 and not Gong. I would be interested in correcting these, even one by one (generic method hopefully).<br><br>
<b>"Film will only become an art when its materials are as inexpensive as pencil and paper."</b> -- Jean Cocteau

What's a good movie? <b>"You may love it; you may hate it. But let him who is not a ghost dare say that he has felt nothing."</b>
pjshimmer

Postby STSH » Sat Jun 16, 2001 11:53 am

Please list more of these, pj. I'm still learning the lingo, and I'm sure I've missed some.<br><br>
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby pjshimmer » Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:51 pm

The problem sometimes is, as you may know, a few Chinese characters have alternative pronounciations, such as "No" or "not". It could be "Bu4" or "Bu2". So I think it's best if editors could have control over the spellings of the characters... unless you guys don't think you can handle it =)<br><br>

pjshimmer

Return to Additions and Modifications