The Shaolin Plot [1977] - update

Additions and modifications to the database

The Shaolin Plot [1977] - update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:25 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=5780&complete_credits=1&display_set=eng

Another thing that I was just meant to be looking over and it turned into a mini project :P

I updated the cast list and added some of the missing Korean actors.

I added some new photos for all the Koreans in the film.

I also added some missing photos of some of the Chinese cast that were missing, including the non-Korean actors playing monks and also playing the temple guardians with white beards (a standard trick). I've also added the cast name "Temple guardian" to these actors' credits, I believe that is an appropriate name, but feel free to offer other suggestions.

I also made a note at the bottom of the page that Kim Jeong-yong was credited as Co-Director on the Korean cut.

I'm pretty sure I've ID the Chinese cast correctly, but as always I'm only human, so if I've made a mistake, let me know.

Cheers

To see IDs please go to "The Shaolin Plot - some IDs" in the Actor Identification section.
Last edited by J.J.Hayden on Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Re: The Shaolin Plot - update

Postby Michael Kistner » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:32 am

I'm pretty sure I've ID the Chinese cast correctly, but as always I'm only human, so if I've made a mistake, let me know.

All Austin Wai images are wrong :D

The stuntman on the images looks familiar, I believe I have seen him as student extra in the martial arts school in HEROES OF THE EAST (updated the cast this week).
He could be that one, but I'm absolutely not sure:

https://hkmdb.com/db/people/images.mhtm ... ay_set=eng
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Re: The Shaolin Plot - update

Postby J.J.Hayden » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:57 am

Hmmm, you could be right, I wasn't too sure myself, he looks a bit like Austin Wai and with Austin being the other monk character out of the six Chinese guys playing monks who'd already been ID'd, I assumed it must be him.

I'll take the name off for now, if anyone else feels more confident about the ID they can always weigh in on it.

Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Additions and Modifications