Tomas Tang Taak-yan + Happy New Year

All requests to identify actors in images.

Tomas Tang Taak-yan + Happy New Year

Postby J.J.Hayden » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:42 pm

Happy New Year everyone, hope everyone had a great Xmas.

It was good for me, ups and downs, same as all years, but I did manage to slip away now and again to continue with the HKMDB work I'd been doing running up to Xmas. I had been (alongside other projects) trying to work my way through some of my older uploads: cleaning them up a bit; downsizing some, lightening some up; replacing some altogether and even managing to add a few new extras here and there.

Although I'm quite happy with the changes, I was hoping to be done with them by new year, but I ran out of time, especially because I kept getting distracted, either by Xmas stuff or some new discoveries along the way.

One such discovery was a very happy one, I found quite a few vids I thought for ages had been lost from my collection. But I found some buried deep inside folders within folders, I've got so many different files it's easy to get lost now and then. :P So plenty more to work with in time, but some featured people I've already done updates for, so there'll be more for a few of them on the way too.

It wasn't as great of a discovery as it may have been, as unfortunately I didn't find Magic Sword (aka Sword Of Evil Power), Yo-kwon Gwoi-kwon (aka Yoikwon Gwoi Kwon) and Woman's Martial Arts (aka Female Lover's Fist). The last one being most troublesome as I definitely had the whole film, I even took a bunch of screenshots from it but only as references rather than being great pics. It'd be great if anyone else had any of these?

I also got finished with several projects but quite a few got put on hold yet again, sometimes for the sake of my usual rabbit-holing, though I did get to the bottom of most, there were also some dead ends. But at the same time as all this I also had films on in the background and looking over when I could and I actually managed to spot even more familiar faces, some of these were (again) people I've already done “Korean Updates Project”s on (many being ones that I'd noted down as I wasn't over 90% sure on but seems my assumptions were correct :D ), so I've got those coming too.

Among the delays were of course the big cast IDs such as Thunderbolt and also some new bits to add to my already beefy cast IDs for Who Am I? And Mr. Nice Guy, but happily all are very nearly ready, I had planned to have them done by Xmas but it wasn't to be, but it will someday soon.

I've got so much nearly ready that I should have plenty to dish out over this year, hopefully it'll be as productive as last year, I was quite happy with what I did, I just wish I had time to do more.... speaking of which, I'd also been planning to play through Yakuza 5 over Xmas, I got though most of the second character's story.... that was nearly a month ago now :P So much to do, so little time.

Cheers

Tomas Tang update
https://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=14022&display_set=eng

I was going to put something bigger as my first update when I got back, but the cast list for one film led to doing another and then another :P I prefer to do Ids for individuals rather than whole casts as it seems a lot faster and easier overall to me. But the quality of some of the footage I had to work with was so poor, I was taking screenshots of entire fight scenes and it made sense to use them to get all IDs at once, it just takes ages. So for now I'll upload these pics of Tomas Tang who's name at least should be familiar to fans of Korean martial arts, as many were released in one form or another under the Filmark label. But his face is no doubt less familiar as it seems he has rarely appeared in front of a camera. One of my DVDs had a rare interview with him and when researching him online, I found a French website that had some more details on him and also a pic of the very rare occasion where he actually cameo-ed in The Dragon, The Hero as Priest Shao Lin [Eng], fortunately it was in my collection so I tracked the scene down and got a screenshot.

I'm still working through those cast Ids, but I've got some smaller updates ready and maybe some of the larger ones too, but will have to play it by ear.

Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Return to Actor Identification