How to find an old movie

All requests to identify actors in images.

How to find an old movie

Postby suzk » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Good day,

I am wondering if there is anyone that could help me to possibly find an old movie from 1973.

One of the actors in the film has requested to me if I could locate a copy of a film, titled Wind from the East,
Director
Lee Shin-myeong

Screenwriter
Yoon Sam-Yook

Producer
Han Kap-Jin

'If anyone has an idea, could you please share and I thank you in advance for any help!!!!

Suz K
suzk

Re: How to find an old movie

Postby bkasten » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:13 pm

Perhaps J.J. might be of assistance with locating this film.

(I placed this post here temporarily. I will relocate it.)
bkasten
Administrator

Postby J.J.Hayden » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:45 pm

Hi

I don't have a copy myself so I had a search for it using my various methods, unfortunately all I could find was the trailer and it's very small. But there is some good news and could help you instantly, depending on what you're cool with.

It seems that the Korean Movie Database has a copy that can be streamed online, the main issue is that to do so you need to fully register with them which requires that you send them proof of your true ID, which is something I'm not happy with so haven't become a member. But the choice is there for you if you're desperate for a copy, I didn't see any other means, also it's only streaming, you can't download it directly, then again there may be unofficial ways to do so.

If like me, you're not on board with that, there's always the chance that they may upload it to their YT page, but there's no guarantee it'll be there, you'd just have to wait and see. Or you could contact them directly to give them a little nudge to add it to the YT page sooner than later.

Speaking of contacting them: if the actor in question contacts them directly, they may be willing to send a copy, no idea if that'd work, but it couldn't hurt to do so if you really want the film.

Sorry I couldn't help out more than that, but getting hold of Korean stuff is difficult (most of it never seeing life outside Korea, and even then usually only on VHS) and the further back you go, the harder it gets.

Well, I'll update the HKMDB page since I'm looking over the stuff, so at least we got something out of it.

Cheers
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Postby suzk » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:23 pm

JJ you are totally awesome,

I will have Mr Cook contact them for this. You absolutely rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
suzk

Postby suzk » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:35 pm

One other question JJ if you dont mind or for anyone in the forumn,

Where would I go to sign up in full I am not fully aware of the website and venues and road maps per se, and also if it is in Korean, Mr Cook does speak write and understand the language completely. Again many thanks to you and the group for the help!!!!!

Help lol I can not find any full registration to sign up for????? :shock:
Last edited by suzk on Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suzk

Postby J.J.Hayden » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:05 am

Cheers :D I wish him luck.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Postby J.J.Hayden » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:07 pm

suzk wrote:One other question JJ if you dont mind or for anyone in the forumn,

Where would I go to sign up in full I am not fully aware of the website and venues and road maps per se, and also if it is in Korean, Mr Cook does speak write and understand the language completely. Again many thanks to you and the group for the help!!!!!

Help lol I can not find any full registration to sign up for????? :shock:

Hi

Sorry, I must've missed this message, my computer's been messing around again. Here is a link to the "sign up for membership" page form the KMDB/Korean Film Archive (it is in Korean but you can usually use translation sites if you're stuck) : https://www.koreafilm.or.kr/member/agreement?keyForeign=01

If you're still having trouble or just have questions, these emails should help: homepage@koreafilm.or.kr or kofa@koreafilm.or.kr

Hope this helps.
J.J.Hayden
HKMDB Editor

Postby suzk » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:29 pm

:) Thank you so very much!
suzk

Return to Actor Identification