Need help identifying someone

All requests to identify actors in images.

Need help identifying someone

Postby Ltgseb » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:10 am

Long story short, my father (see photo) slipped and broke his arm while in Kowloon in 2001. We ended up being taken to a Chinese medicine doctor and herbalist (who knows where in the city), but in his office he had a photo of himself in the movie Bloodsport, yes the one with JCVD. We don’t speak Cantonese or Mandarin (we’re Vietnamese) but one of the witnesses to my dad’s accident (left of the photo), the one who brought us to the doctor, helped us with communication. On the right of the photo is the doctor and Bloodsport actor.

My father is now recounting his experience and we’re trying to figure out who this doctor is, his name, and if he still has his Chinese medicine practice. After researching the cast of Bloodsport, I am guessing is it Dennis Chiu??

Was wondering if anyone here happens to live in HK or better yet Kowloon. This is like finding a needle in a haystack! Thanks in advance for any leads!
Attachments
39D989E5-DEA6-42B3-91CB-EDF4596FED8E.jpeg
39D989E5-DEA6-42B3-91CB-EDF4596FED8E.jpeg (56.5 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
Ltgseb

Re: Need help identifying someone

Postby bkasten » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi Ltgseb - welcome and thanks. Some of my family live in H.K. - I will see if I can find out anything at all.
Bob
bkasten
Administrator

Postby yukabacera » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:24 pm

There was a Dennis Chiu Bit-keung (???) who served as secretary of the Chinese Medicine Practitioners Boards in Hong Kong. This is presumably the same Dennis Chiu Bit-keung who works in another section of the HK administration now, and it doesn't look like the same person, unfortunately:
yukabacera
HKMDB Editor

Postby Ltgseb » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:13 pm

bkasten wrote:Hi Ltgseb - welcome and thanks. Some of my family live in H.K. - I will see if I can find out anything at all.
Bob

Thank you Bob! Feel free to use the photo from my original post; The doctor is on the right of the photo, which was taken in 2001. I wish I had taken the photo of him from Bloodsport!
Ltgseb

Postby Ltgseb » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:16 pm

yukabacera wrote:There was a Dennis Chiu Bit-keung (???) who served as secretary of the Chinese Medicine Practitioners Boards in Hong Kong. This is presumably the same Dennis Chiu Bit-keung who works in another section of the HK administration now, and it doesn't look like the same person, unfortunately:

Wow, that's quite a coincidence. But yeah, it's not him. It may not even be "Dennis Chiu" for that matter. The only reason I'm making that guess is purely due to the somewhat close resemblance with this photo:
http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng
Ltgseb

Return to Actor Identification