Sai Gwa-Pau, Sze-Ma Wah-Lung (Golden Cup & Wandering Dragon)

All requests to identify actors in images.

Sai Gwa-Pau, Sze-Ma Wah-Lung (Golden Cup & Wandering Dragon)

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:04 pm

https://hkmdb.com/db/people/image_detai ... ay_set=eng

This screenshot shows Lee Ying (5) who is already credited. I did not notice Sai Gwa-Pau in the movie, he isn't credited either. So I will remove him soon, unless someone proves me blind :-)

Lee Ying plays Man Ka-Lau, in credits wrongly named "関"家騮. The Chinese subtitles call him "閔"家騮, which at least matches the actual pronunciation. Even though the subtitles contain lots of errors too, 閔 is also confirmed by an online source providing the complete original novel, so I allowed me to choose this for his role name.

Last edited by Chen Hung Lieh on Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Re: Sai Gwa-Pau (wrong ID)

Postby Harlock » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:38 pm

i updated to lee ying (5)
Harlock
HKMDB Immortal and Co-Developer

Re: Sai Gwa-Pau (wrong ID)

Postby Chen Hung Lieh » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 am

Thanks, Harlock.

I watched the movie carefully again and tried to recognize Sai Gwa-Pau in each single person (especially waiters), no matter how blurred, but he did not show up. I usually recognize this guy at first sight, so I feel now safe enough to remove him.

I also suggest to remove Sze-Ma Wah-Lung from the second part "The Golden Cup, the Wandering Dragon and the Decree to Kill":
https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml? ... ay_set=eng
Although he is indeed credited including his role name, his character died in the first part, so I think it must be a mistake in the credits. In all my movie versions (DVD, VCD, TVB) there's no recap or flashback of part one and Sze-Ma Wah-Lung didn't appear in a different role either, his character was only mentioned by other characters a few times. Even if there was a recap when it was shown in theaters, I'm not sure if this would be a sufficient reason to keep him.
Chen Hung Lieh
HKMDB Editor

Return to Actor Identification