Chinese Kungfu song

Chinese Kungfu song

Postby Yuen » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:27 pm

Does anyone know the name of the Chinese Kungfu song that is used in many wushu dvds? Not talking about the Wong Fei Hung song - this piece of music is the one that talks about Shaolin, Wu Tang, etc.

If you know the title and who sings it - in chinese or english that would be great.

Also if you know a music cd it is on and where it can be bought (online or otherwise) even better.

Appreciate any help with this. Thanks!
Yuen

Re: Chinese Kungfu song

Postby STSH » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:26 pm

Do you mean the theme song used in, among others, Jet Li's Fong Sai Yuk ?

Yuen wrote:Does anyone know the name of the Chinese Kungfu song that is used in many wushu dvds? Not talking about the Wong Fei Hung song - this piece of music is the one that talks about Shaolin, Wu Tang, etc.

If you know the title and who sings it - in chinese or english that would be great.

Also if you know a music cd it is on and where it can be bought (online or otherwise) even better.

Appreciate any help with this. Thanks!
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Yuen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:44 am

I havent heard seen the Fong Sae Yuk movie for a long time.....all I could say is that the music and vocals are quite dramatic. The song is done with a deep baritone and the music is quite strong (like marching).

Anyway, any help would be great!
Yuen

Postby STSH » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:17 am

Yes, that sounds like the song I'm referring to. On reflection, it was Jet Li's Tai Chi Master that used it as the theme music, not Fong Sai Yuk.

The song is sung by George Lam, one of HK's most respected singers (also an actor in the 1980s and 1990s). He has a terrific strong singing voice. You should be able to get it on any Best Of collection by "Lam", as he is sometimes known.

If you're lucky, you might also be able to get it on the Tai Chi Master soundtrack, which was released by the great Taiwanese music company Rock Records in 1993.

Yuen wrote:I havent heard seen the Fong Sae Yuk movie for a long time.....all I could say is that the music and vocals are quite dramatic. The song is done with a deep baritone and the music is quite strong (like marching).

Anyway, any help would be great!
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Yuen » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:50 am

Hi,

Thank you very much for your input - unfortunately it is not the song you are referring to (I have the Tai Chi Master soundtrack).

This might be difficult to locate - the song is sung in Mandarin and is specifically in relation to martial arts. Most of the other soundtracks generally talk about friendship, honor, etc but this one specifically mentions the schools of shaolin, wu tang, ermei, etc.

Am willing to wait if ppl can help to find the details - thanks!
Yuen

Postby STSH » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:50 am

Can you write down the tune (like sheet music) ?

Yuen wrote:Hi,

Thank you very much for your input - unfortunately it is not the song you are referring to (I have the Tai Chi Master soundtrack).

This might be difficult to locate - the song is sung in Mandarin and is specifically in relation to martial arts. Most of the other soundtracks generally talk about friendship, honor, etc but this one specifically mentions the schools of shaolin, wu tang, ermei, etc.

Am willing to wait if ppl can help to find the details - thanks!
STSH
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Hong Kong Soundtracks and Songs