soft hard rap duo

soft hard rap duo

Postby joannekhow » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi everyone, just trying my luck again.

About a decade ago, there was this rap duo who had an album with the song about fans. That album if i am not wrong has talisman all over as the album cover. I cant seem to find it anymore. Does anyone knows where i can find it? I knw there was a recent release, an album, but it does not look like the one i use to have. And since I cant read chinese, i have no idea if the song that i am looking for is in this album.

Does anyone here read chinese, or knows about them? Can offer some info to me?

Joanne
joannekhow

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 am

Soft Hard is comprised of Jan Lam Hoi-fung and Eric Kot Man-fai. Perhaps searching their names at someplace like Yesasia.com might produce something (provided the song turns up on a hits compilation, I suppose, or perhaps was released on a solo project). I can't offer much else, so hopefully others here are more knowledgable (and tolerant!) of their music!
Brian Thibodeau

Postby joannekhow » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:55 am

if you clicked on the link on the 'album' word.. it brings you to yesasia.
thing is..i am looking for an album that i think is no longer in sale. what i need to knw is that if that album that they are selling now has songs from the album that i am looking for. there is this particular song i am looking for. if anyone in here has a copy of that album with talisman on it, a song sang by faye wong, has the 'fans' and 'gala gala happy' songs, thats the one i am looking for.

gee..do i make sense?
joannekhow

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:55 pm

gee..do i make sense?

Oh, you make sense. I'm just hoping someone else here is a fan! Boy, if you were asking about Gala Gala Happy, I'd suggest looking for the CITY HUNTER soundtrack (from the Jackie Chan film), as they actually performed it in that picture, but I don't even know if they made a soundtrack for the film, or whether you could even still find it!

Another option would be if you have a Chinatown in your city or a city nearby. Plenty of CD shops stock a lot of older stuff. Might take a while, but often the staff in those places knows enough English to help - and at least you can now provide the Chinese names (provided above) of the members of Soft/Hard, which would help them point you in the right direction.
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:10 pm

Actually, I clicked your link and it appears track 1 on disc 2 has the word "Fans" in it. Track 11 on the same disc has a song with the words "Fan Club" in the title. Track 14 has 4 Chinese characters followed by the English word "Faye" which cuold be evidence that this is the song on which she performs (or do they perform it ABOUT her?) I suspect the first one is probably the song you're after. This seems like a greatest hits compilation as well, so I can't imagine those songs NOT being included on it. If you're able to find a listing somewhere for that album where you can cut and paste the Chinese text, you could probably insert these song names into one of the many online translators, like the one at Google

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

to come up with a rough translation. Better yet, perhaps someone here could simply post an English transliteration of the Chinese so you could ask for the song by name in a store.
Brian Thibodeau

Postby joannekhow » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:15 pm

i wrote to yesasia to seek for their help. they replied to say that the album that i am looking for is no longer in print. so i asked them for the song list of the album if they can find it. so lets hope they will come back with good news. thanks everyone here. thanks Brian Thibodeau. if anyone else have news on this song or album, pls share.
joannekhow

Postby joannekhow » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:04 am

yesasia replied, they do not have the list. sigh.. i am lost.
think i may just buy the 3 disc compilation to try.
joannekhow

Postby joannekhow » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:10 am

dear all,

i manage to get a hold of the albums. this is the song i was looking for. although its softhard, but i think this song has very good meaning in the lyrics. i would like to share it with those who have helped me.

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=284TX ... 8ZHF55ZZNA
joannekhow

Postby Wocroz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:43 pm

It is really??
Wocroz
Banned

Postby joannekhow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:01 pm

"is it really" what?
joannekhow

Postby Mike Thomason » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:59 pm

joannekhow wrote:"is it really" what?

Joanne,

I'd probably ignore the post directly above yours.

I clicked on the link in said poster's signature and it brought up a page uncannily akin to the kind of email spam a lot of us see these days. Apologies, we seem to get a lot of these kinds of things through here of late -- I guess every time you identify one spammer, there's a dozen others registering and logging in. :(
Mike Thomason

Postby joannekhow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:09 pm

oh ok.. sorry i didnt see the link until now. thanks for clearing it up. :)
joannekhow

Postby bkasten » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Wocroz has been sent into exile.
bkasten
Administrator

Return to Hong Kong Soundtracks and Songs