ID this film? (pictures)

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

ID this film? (pictures)

Postby odioustrident » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:09 am

movieid.jpg
movieid.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 15906 times

I posted this up at kungfucinema a while ago, no idea what this one is. It appears to be Chiang Sheng and maybe Lu Feng. Do you think that this is them?

I heard Lu Feng was in Robert Tai's Fists of Legend II: Iron Bodyguards. Has anyone seen him in that film for comparison to his age here? That movie was 1996.
odioustrident

Re: ID this film? (pictures)

Postby ekisha » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 am

Hey m8.You are right he is Lu Feng.Are you sure it's from movie?
ekisha

Postby Gaijin84 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Are you sure it's from movie?

Strange - Lu Feng almost looks like he's on a back lot with stunt pads in the background.
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Teddy Wong » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:51 pm

And Chiang Sheng has the wedding ring on his finger :wink:
Teddy Wong
HKMDB Editor

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Gaijin84 wrote:Strange - Lu Feng almost looks like he's on a back lot with stunt pads in the background.

A documentary, perhaps? :?
Brian Thibodeau

Postby odioustrident » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Wow great observations guys. It definitely makes sense that this is a clip for some documentary film or show. These pictures are from the back of Wu Tang Collection VHS for Sandman/ The Marvelous Kung Fu. I know the Wu Tang label also owns Fist of Legend II, a Robert Tai film starring Joh Haau-Foo; Lu Feng is listed in the credits. Does anyone know the deal with this film? The clip of youtube looks like a typical late Robert Tai movie a la Death Cage.
odioustrident

Postby Gaijin84 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 am

I know the Wu Tang label also owns Fist of Legend II, a Robert Tai film starring Joh Haau-Foo; Lu Feng is listed in the credits. Does anyone know the deal with this film? The clip of youtube looks like a typical late Robert Tai movie a la Death Cage.

This topic prompted me to break out this Fists of Legends 2 dvd. Lu Feng is in it, but he looks like this:

I think he definitely looks older in this pic than on the back of that cover. FOL2 has a copyright of 1996, which I assume is the new footage.

I guess another question is what to do with this movie in general? Right now its listed as an re-edit alias on Return of the Assassin (1973), which is the movie that the original footage comes from. However, all these new scenes have to have a place, and you can't really add those cast members to Return of the Assassin. Should we add "Fists of Legends 2: Iron Bodyguards" as a new movie, simply treating the 1996 footage as a full movie and giving credit to the original film as well?
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Postby ekisha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 am

I agree with you.Otherwise It doesn't make sense to me.
ekisha

Return to Hong Kong Movies