Anyone up for a Challenge? Forest of Death translation help!

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Anyone up for a Challenge? Forest of Death translation help!

Postby Mike Thomason » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:46 pm

Probably a good one to ask Fan's help over, but I need translation assistance on the following end credit onscreen blurb:

Why can't my wife do this one? Well, she gave it a shot and I have the general gist of what's here -- but as she said, English isn't a language she's completely proficient in so she suggested that if I knew anyone with a stronger command of written English to ask them for a better translation that what she was able to do (which was still pretty good, but she got stuck on a couple of phrases that she had difficulty translating from Chinese to English).

Thanks in advance! :D
Mike Thomason

Postby Mike Thomason » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:22 am

Well...that brought a cracking response, hey?

Luckily for me my wife relented and translated it before my (print review) deadline was up! Thanks to the twenty people that looked at my post though... :D
Mike Thomason

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 am

Actually, I was beginning to wonder how long it would take for the non-response to be pointed out! :D
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Mike Thomason » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:46 am

Am I that predictable? :oops:

Sorry...I'll keep those thoughts to myself in future. Being that I knew there were a couple of people here that could have given me an accurate translation (since my wife's first language is not English and sometimes she has difficulties backwards-converting from Chinese), and I was running to a deadline at the time, I thought I would at least ask.

As it was, I got a modest translation from my wife, and accordingly made the deadline with a day or two to spare (after having sat on this thread a couple of days...). Anyway, all over now...carry on regardless! :D
Mike Thomason

Return to Hong Kong Movies