What the hell is this?

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

What the hell is this?

Postby adamas85 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:44 pm

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?i ... ay_set=eng

can anyone explain is this a documentary or something?
http://www.podcasonfire.com
Podcast On Fire - It's Asian Cinema, in a Podcast!
adamas85

Postby cal42 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:30 pm

I believe it's Stephen Fung performing card tricks. The A-list celebrities are mearly assistants I think, or in an audience.

It's not a movie movie in anycase, if you know what I mean.
Heroes of the East - the only blog in the world with the world famous Lam Suet-o-meter!
cal42

Postby dleedlee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Here's the description from yesasia:

The shooting of Life Is Magical + Magic & Me spans over two years. The amusing programme, produced for fund-raising purposes for the Children's Cancer Foundation, showcases Stephen's talents in performing the most incredible tricks. Bearing in mind a mission to light up people's lives, Stephen's interest in magic remains keen until today ever since when he was a school kid.

Jackie Chan, Shu Qi, Faye Wong, Nicolas Tse all make their appearances in Life Is Magical as Stephen's guest to witness his talents. Simple props like cards, coins and cigarettes turn out to bring great fun in complicated magic shows. Stephen also spreads the joy of magic in town by performing a good number of street magic tricks. If you want to share this joy, check out Life Is Magical + Magic & Me today and let Stephen bombard you with amusement!
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:33 pm

I've seen that on occasion in the shops. The front makes it look like a gambling movie, but the imagery on the back if a little more obvious as to what's inside. Still, it's inclusion here is one of those tricky bits: might be better as a non-click entry in the filmography of each person who appears in it, or listed in their bio sections, or some such thing. Of course, perhaps it should stay where it is for when the day finally arrives that we can start adding (and ID'ing existing) TV movies, series, etc. Then special one-offs like this won't be so out of place. :?
Brian Thibodeau

Postby dleedlee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:39 pm

I've been tempted to pick this up but somehow I've managed to resist it so far.

Score: 1 for me, 100 for Mr Visa.

Reviewers say, "Stephen Fung IS David Blaine!"
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Hong Kong Movies