The movie "Fearless"

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

The movie "Fearless"

Postby Tanama77 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:51 am

I read a post prior stating that I guess "fearless" is Jet Li's final martial arts epic....anyways what I have to add after viewing the movie is I enjoyed the fact they incorporated the doctrines of Wushu and was able to show a changed man after a very hard fighing career.
Tanama77

Postby password789456 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:12 am

good movie, should check out and see this movie.
password789456

Postby ralphrepo » Thu May 31, 2007 5:23 am

The fighting scenes were great, without the overly exaggerated wire work (to simulate the legendary super human abilities of Hing Gung) and reminded me of classics along the lines of Shaw Brothers. This was the way that fight scenes in those 70's films should have been done. The sad thing about the movie was that the only real character was the part played by Jet Li. Everyone else was just a cigar store Indian, ie. wooden, or cardboard cut out. Jet Li could have done the movie by himself. :lol:

Ralph
ralphrepo

Postby Tanama77 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:13 pm

ralphrepo wrote:The fighting scenes were great, without the overly exaggerated wire work (to simulate the legendary super human abilities of Hing Gung) and reminded me of classics along the lines of Shaw Brothers. This was the way that fight scenes in those 70's films should have been done. The sad thing about the movie was that the only real character was the part played by Jet Li. Everyone else was just a cigar store Indian, ie. wooden, or cardboard cut out. Jet Li could have done the movie by himself. :lol:

Ralph

Hey Ralph speaking of good fighting scenes did u see that movie "The Protector" with Tony Jaa? My kids were raving over that one had me get it and watch it and hes pretty good for his own skills and of course adding to the movie. Also what was interesting in that movie he had to fight a couple guys that had two different styles of martial arts and of course one was wushu and the other I forgot the correct style but kind of reminded me of that brazilian form where they use mostly feet instead of hands to fight.

Take care Teresa
Tanama77

Postby ralphrepo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:03 am

Tony Jaa has got great moves, that is, until he opens his mouth. His voice will have you rolling. But, the best part of the movie was when he's running around Sydney escaping bad guys, and a passerby talks about not buying pirated DVD movies... LOL...

But yes, the fight sceens that he does are great. Still, I think he had better moves in Ong Bak, and they actually showed multiple camera shots. You can tell that he actually did those moves, that is, it's not CGI or wire work.
Ralph
ralphrepo

Postby Gaijin84 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:44 am

the other I forgot the correct style but kind of reminded me of that brazilian form where they use mostly feet instead of hands to fight.

The fighting style that the actor (Lateef Crowder) used was capoeira.
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Hong Kong Movies