Condor Hero (2001) - anyone seen it?

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Condor Hero (2001) - anyone seen it?

Postby KMGor » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:09 am

Yeah, it's a TV show, but I wasn't sure where to put it. Tai Seng just put it out, and considering it has 40 odd episodes and is priced at or less than $50 in various places, it's fairly cheap.

But, of course, the question is if it is any good? It is directed by Johnnie To, which is what brought my interest in the first place. Is it well-acted? Directed? Good action? I've been unable to find much information on it at all..
KMGor

Postby dleedlee » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:50 am

I picked up this set a couple months back but haven't watched it yet, sorry. :oops:
I didn't know that Johnnie To was involved with it.
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby KMGor » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:14 pm

I think the IMDB list as Johnnie To directing may be incorrect. It certainly doesn't look like something he did.

I've watched the first two episodes. It's solid, but there was one EXTREMELY clunky scene transition I still don't understand. If someone has seen it could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

I'm referring to when Yang Gor is in the woods helping the two little girls, when suddenly he is with his uncle about to join a kung fu clan type of deal. The scene transition didn't make any sense - at first I was thinking it was a flashback, but that didn't seem to make much sense to me. Anyone?

On a side not, the series has been entertaining thus far. A lot more action scenes than I had expected too. They're not particularly great, but for the time constraints and lack of training most of the actors seem to have, they're pretty good.
KMGor

Return to Hong Kong Movies