ID this (80s ?) film

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

ID this (80s ?) film

Postby pjshimmer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 pm

It seems to be an 80s movie, or maybe even 70s. At the beginning, a police officer goes home, and finds his wife naked in the house. They proceed to make love in bed. Some time later, the wife (still in nude) is killed by an intruder, probably a criminal that the officer is already after. The officer teams up with some other officer, and they try to catch the criminal. I just remember the other officer asking: "why are you so persistent about catching this guy?" To which the first officer replied: "because he killed my wife!"

Any ideas?
<b>"Film will only become an art when its materials are as inexpensive as pencil and paper."</b> -- Jean Cocteau

What's a good movie? <b>"You may love it; you may hate it. But let him who is not a ghost dare say that he has felt nothing."</b>
pjshimmer

Postby palplathune » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:12 am

Blue Lightning maybe ?
palplathune

Postby Taijikid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:18 pm

The plots may be similar, but I don't think Blue Lightning is the one. In BL Danny Lee plays an ex-cop, it's his former wife that is killed at the beginning, and he goes after the villain at the request of his son. The other cop is played by Tony Leung Ka-fai. If all this strikes a chord, then maybe you have a match after all.
Taijikid

Return to Hong Kong Movies