Sanney Leung

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Sanney Leung

Postby Taijikid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:35 am

For years Sanney Leung's website Hong Kong Entertainment in Review was the first place I visited each morning on the web. On an almost daily basis he posted timely and gently humorous briefs on events in the HK entertainment world, along with generous links to many other sites of interest. I was devastated when, more months ago than I care to remember, we all learned that he had been diagnosed with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Of course I was upset that his site had ceased operation, but more than that I was truly sorry that an obviously great guy had been thrown such a nasty curve ball. Several years ago when Sanney asked for a little financial assistance for his site, I sent him a pittance. That year I received a Christmas card from him--not an e-card, mind you, but a real live Christmas card through the mail! I still have it on my desk, as a reminder of the strange and wonderful connections that we all make through the medium of the internet. It's a lesson for this middle-age Luddite.

Anyway, guys, my holiday gift to you all is to let you know that I just received a long and happy e-mail message from Sanney. He is recovering after what sounds like a year of h-ll and anticipates being back at his desk sometime in 2007. His doctors put his chances of complete recovery at 70%. He also wants to know how he can get his domain name back. Apparently it lapsed over the past year and was bought up by persons unknown. If you have any information for him on the matter, or if you just want to send him a hello, then e-mail him at sleung1027@yahoo.ca. He will probably be inundated with messages, but promises that he will answer when possible.

So, Sanney, if you are reading this, I would like to wish a happy holiday season to the nicest guy I never met, and to all of you out there in Asian film fandom, as well.

Vicki
Taijikid

Postby dleedlee » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:37 pm

Thank you, Vicki, for the update on Sanney. This is the best Christmas present of all !

John Charles' note from Sanney on Mobius
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby duriandave » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:20 pm

This is great news! I wish him a Merry Christmas and the very best for the coming new year. :D
duriandave

Postby MrBooth » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:56 pm

Very good to hear.
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby dleedlee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:08 pm

Sanney has returned to the internet world in the form a new blog The House Where Words Gather
His writing skills seems to be still intact. :D

http://juiyinjong.blogspot.com/index.html
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:34 pm

Good news!

Of course, I trust this won't affect our daily news updates 'round here? :D
Brian Thibodeau

Postby dleedlee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Brian Thibodeau wrote:Of course, I trust this won't affect our daily news updates 'round here? :D

Nope, you're stuck with me for the forseeable future. I couldn't disappoint my "legion" of readers! :roll:
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Bearserk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Good to hear, I need my daily dose of Asian movie news :)
Bearserk
Chief Image Editor

Postby bkasten » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 am

Sanney has also recently (re-)registered here, and has promised me that he will be contributing to the forum.
bkasten
Administrator

Return to Hong Kong Movies