Cool Site for EXILED...

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Cool Site for EXILED...

Postby Chinoco » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:17 am

Check this out... The site has a cool intro, music and photos... Not much else- but it rocks! 8)

http://www.exiledthemovie.com/
Chinoco

Postby Chinoco » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:38 am

The TRAILER IS on this site. It's a little tricky to get to, but I found it. #1) watch the cool intro. Then when it stops, click the LAST Bullet hole on the bottom right of your screen and watch the trailer.
Chinoco

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:53 am

I really gotta do a little blurb on this film in my Blog one of these days. It's still the best film (of many great ones) I saw at this year's Toronto film fest. Just phenomenally cool and every bit the equal of THE MISSION with many scenes representing "painting with light" in its purest sense. I should also point out that Richie Ren has one of the frickin' COOLEST roles in this movie as a cigarette-smokin' security van driver who picks off reams of spontaneously appearing bandits who've laid seige to his gold-laden convoy. The four main characters (Anthony, Roy, Francis and Lam Suet) watch in awe from a nearby field (they were planning to rob the same convoy, but were beaten to the punch!!), then start picking off some of the remaining bandits (in a scene very much reminiscent of, and superior to, the mall shootout in THE MISSION). I'd really love to get the soundtrack, too.
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Chinoco » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:57 am

Hey Brian...

So you've seen it! Then is it official that EXILED has absolutely NOTHING to do with THE MISSION?
Chinoco

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:15 am

Nothing at all. They're really more like companion pieces. The characters are similar to those in THE MISSION, but the names are different. I supposed Johnnie To wanted the movie to stand on its own, and yet be a valentine of sorts for fans of the coolness on display in THE MISSION. I can imagine the Weinsteins picking this up, of course, and MAKING it a sequel by changing all the names in the subtitles and the dub to match THE MISSION, but that still won't make it a sequel.

Cool, cool movie...
Brian Thibodeau

Postby KMGor » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Wow, all that they show of the shootout in that trailer looks fantastic. Can't wait to see this one.
KMGor

Return to Hong Kong Movies