Rena Murakami: Where is she now? Right here!

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Rena Murakami: Where is she now? Right here!

Postby Mike Thomason » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:13 am

Anyone who remembers the early nineties when it comes to Hong Kong movies will undoubtedly remember the Category III adult explosion as well as the manner in which Hong Kong filmmakers imported Japanese AV actresses and models to star in those movies. One little Japanese actress that made a long lasting impression on me was Rena Murakami, who appeared alongside the late Pauline Chan in ESCAPE FROM BROTHEL (1992), and I figured after the Cat III adult films lost their lustre in Hong Kong, Rena having long since returned to Japan, that she had slipped into obscurity. So, imagine my surprise when I found some recent pictures of Rena just last night!

Not sure how old those pictures are, and Rena has definitely matured to a point where she's nearly unrecognisable to the girl that appeared in the HK movies all those years ago, but here's one of the very few modest (ie: forum safe) pics of a recent Rena* for those who may remember her and were wondering what had become of her...:)

* it's definitely her, as amidst the many pictures that I am unable to post there are physical characteristics that make her unmistakeable (and for any of you with minds in the gutter, it's not what you think! Rena has two moles just below her right collar-bone that are still present). Thus, she's still around and has been doing photographic work in the last few years.
Mike Thomason

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Nice find. :wink:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby hungrytiger » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:04 pm

i'm over 18 can you post the link please :D
hungrytiger

Postby Mike Thomason » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:21 am

Sorry, no link. That would be against forum guidelines, as well as a breach of posting policy. But I'm sure you know how to use Google, yeah? :wink:
Mike Thomason

Return to Hong Kong Movies