New Lam Ching Ying Website

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

New Lam Ching Ying Website

Postby Katalin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:51 am

Hi! :D

I’m writing from Hungary to happily inform you that my Lam Ching Ying site is (nearly) ready to visit! I kindly invite you to have a look!

I made this homepage to tribute his short life and rich work. I searched the Net for informations and photos with poor success. I couldn’t find a complete site, so I decided to make one.

I have just started a Memorial Page. My wish is to compile a nice selection of memories, as the 10th Anniversary of his death is coming next year. I'm sure it would be touching for him to see us, his devoted fans still admiring, remembering him. Through this site we could keep Ying's memory alive.

If you have time and fancy, please be so kind to write a few lines. Anything you could share, an unforgettable moment, an experience, a memory about him and his work! I would be very honoured and grateful!!!

Thank you so very much for your time, attention and help in advance!

I wish you all the best in your life and work!!!
Katalin

Postby calros » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:41 pm

Are you in charge of a Christian parish and you like Chinese Taoist nº 1? :shock:
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:27 pm

Nice work, Katalin!
Brian Thibodeau

Postby MrBooth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:00 pm

Good work - thanks for sharing :-)
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:38 pm

We should have a "links" area for quality fan-sites like that one, maybe in a small section of the front page. :wink: Or maybe it could be added as a link to Lam's DB page...
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Katalin » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:25 am

Thank you for your support! It would be nice to have a link on HKMDB!
To Calros's :shock: My answer is yes!!! I think it has nothing to do with faith. I like his films, his acting, his style. And I do think somehow we talk about the same thing, from another point of view... :D
Katalin

Postby calros » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:14 pm

OK :wink: linked.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:36 am

Thank you Calros! :D I'm very honoured indeed! I really try to do my best to keep it going!
One secret: I don't talk much about my interest in Chinese films, Taoism and Lam Ching Ying at my workplace. They know. But that is it! Mainly because they don't know them at all. And on the other hand let's keep peace... :wink:
Katalin

Postby Katalin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 am

I would like to tell you what happened to me on another forum where I started to talk about Lam Ching Ying. But before I do that I have to admit that I applied my message about Lam Ching Ying’s website to other forums. I did not know that it is considered very rude. My aim was to tell as many people as I can that he is not forgotten and we can still talk about him and his work. I searched and asked the websites he had before, before acting, but they where all asleep. So I decided to use the forums, where I knew he is still admired. So I was told off for being unpolite, violent. I was criticized for not interacting at all.
Now I would like to say sorry to you all if you feel the same, and to tell you the same as I did there. I used the computer at my work to create the website, not in secret, but after and before worktime. I still don’t have an Internet line at home. So I just can’t be as active as I would like to. And I’m relatively new in Chinese entertainment, and using forums but I’m willing to learn.
I am working on Lam’s site as it is far from ready. And I hope it will give me nice work for a long time.
Thank you for your attention!
Katalin

Postby calros » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:33 pm

This is a Forum related with a Database about everything about HK movies. So, any useful info (fan sites, official sites, etc.) will be always welcome. Your site is very good and useful. But maybe the other forum was not related to a DB so they did not like your info.

BTW do you now if LCY actually appeared in this movie? :?

http://www.taiseng.com/detail.cfm?varIt ... blnActor=1
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:14 am

Now you got me! I don't know what to say. I didn't dare to buy this tape, because it's too expensive, and bad quality to risk before I know the truth. What I know now is that no reliable LCY filmography mentions this film. On the other hand Tai Seng's database is full of mistake. There is a film called The Vampire Stikes Back from 1988 directed by Ricky Lau. Somewhere on a forum I had a chat with someone who says he is just a look-a-like. But I'm sure I'll find out soon, and I'll tell you.[/i]
Katalin

Postby Katalin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:12 am

I forgot to ask you something. If anyone has an idea, please help me! I have a major problem with two LCY movies. I can't figure out which one is which one. The facts I know:
Rape In Public Sea
(1993, Dir:Kei Yin Jeng
Gung Hoi Keung Gaan Fung
III)
Sad Story Of Shaigon
(1993 Dir:Bik Chan Sek
Zhan Huo Gao Yang
Drama)
What happened is: I ordered Sad Story Of Shaigon once. I got it right. Next I wanted to buy Rape In Public Sea and I got the Sad Story of Shaigon story again :( , an uncut, stricktly over 18 version, with the title Rape In Public Sea. Now I lost one film, but which one? :wink:
Katalin

Postby calros » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:05 am

:? If you post here the credits screenshots I will tell you which is which.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:57 pm

Thank you, Calros for your help! This is the film I have:
http://www.lamchingying.com/rapeinpublicsea.htm

There is another quesition. Filmographies say (not all of them), that LCY had a cameo in The Evil Cult. I had a look, not once... My eyes were popping out. :roll: But nothing. I couldn't find him. Is this information true at all? If not, I have to remove the title from my filmography quickly.
Thank you in advance!
Have a nice day!
Bye![/url]
Katalin

Postby calros » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:05 pm

Katalin wrote:Thank you, Calros for your help! This is the film I have:
http://www.lamchingying.com/rapeinpublicsea.htm

No, I said "credits screenshots". They are images from the movie with the asian characters which say the title of the movie, the director, etc.

For example:

calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Sorry!!!!
Now I think it's what you need.
http://www.lamchingying.com/problma.htm
Different title, same actors, and I watch the same movie.
I hope you can help!
Thank you! :)
Katalin

Postby calros » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 pm

:shock: the cast is exactly the same... and in the same order... I would say they are the same movie... but in our DB it says they are different directors. Can you check if the directors of both movies are the same?
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:40 pm

Rape In Public Sea
Dir:Kei Yin Jeng

Sad Story Of Shaigon
Dir:Bik Chan Sek
I checked it in different filmographies. I checked the director's filmographies, as well. And they all say the same. They are different films, with different directors. And still I can't find a second film. What would you do now? :o
Katalin

Postby calros » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:02 pm

:cry:
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:25 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:
A MISTERY!!!
Thank you anyway, Calros!!!
Katalin

Postby MrBooth » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:48 am

There is another quesition. Filmographies say (not all of them), that LCY had a cameo in The Evil Cult. I had a look, not once... My eyes were popping out. Rolling Eyes But nothing. I couldn't find him. Is this information true at all? If not, I have to remove the title from my filmography quickly.

I certainly don't recall seeing him in there!

He doesn't show up in our portrait gallery either:

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/images.mhtml?id=7706&display_set=eng
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:52 am

Thank you very much Mr Booth! :D
One quesition is solved at least!
I still can't use this database :cry: , though I filled a form Ryan sent me about 10 days ago. I hope it was all right.
Do you have any idea about those two LCY movies we can't identify?
Bye
Katalin

Postby calros » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:35 pm

Katalin wrote:I still can't use this database :cry: , though I filled a form Ryan sent me about 10 days ago. I hope it was all right.

If you write several HK movie reviews and send them to our site admin guilao via PM you will be able to use this database.
calros
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Katalin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:09 pm

I am full of quesitions! I try to behave myself and not to ask them all! :)
This one might be strange.
I know that Hong Kong actors had voice actors to dub them. My friend Klara found Sammo's "usual voice" on a Japanese site. He had a radio interview linked in which he talked about his experiences during dubbing for the great Sammo.
I wonder who Lam Ching Ying's voices were. He was always dubbed. I hear that he had a few different voices, but only two of them are significant. I call them "The Mr Vampire Voice" an the "Exorcist Master Voice". These two were his regular voices. Even in one of his last work "Coincidentally" they used "Exorcist Master Voice".
Is there any possibility to find this out???
I heard his own voice in Vampire Expert II. Actually he had a quite unusual voice !!!
Katalin

Postby Katalin » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:32 pm

I'm sorry, but I feel I have to move my quesition into a new topic, because it is not really related to the website. Someone might find it, and have a good idea. Thanks.
By the way, I put a few new material onto Lam's site :wink:
Katalin

Return to Hong Kong Movies