Anyone know this kung fu flick?

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Anyone know this kung fu flick?

Postby lartrak » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:24 am

Been trying to figure out this one older kung fu flick. A friend described it to me, I haven't seen it myself. We both want to find the name so I can buy it.

Older kung fu flick, evidently. The main gimmick is the way the main character defeats his rivals, one by one. Each guy he fights has some sort of special weapon. One has these sorts of chains or something like that he whips at people, which wrap around limbs/neck so he can choke/hurt them, etc. The main guy fights him, loses, but then asks for one day "to train". The chain guy won easily, so he figures, why not? But, rather than training, the hero guy cooks up some equipment specifically to defeat him - like a special collar to protect his neck, etc.

He does the same thing several times - fight a new guy with gimmick weapon, ask for a day to train, come up with special solution, then win - throughout the movie. I can't provide too much more detail than that, but I know it is not extremely obscure based on the person who provided it. I'm guessing it is Hong Kong, but I guess it is possible it is a mainland movie.

It's also worth mentioning that it has gotten a US release in the past, so it shouldn't be too hard I don't think. Then again, there are a *lot* of old school kung fu movies, so who knows....

Any help is really appreciated!
lartrak

Return to Hong Kong Movies