Red Lips (1991) ran for one day in HK?

Discussions about Hong Kong Movies

Red Lips (1991) ran for one day in HK?

Postby Tonic » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:56 pm

I was looking through the db and it says this film ran for just one day!

From what I can find it has Kara Hui and Phillip Ko - does anyone know why it only ran for a single day? Or if it's even any good? :)
Tonic

Wasted $3.99 for VCD, sold it. Only fans of the actors apply

Postby chino » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:27 pm

I grabbed this VCD from yesasia a while back, decided to give it a whirl from the cast list: Kara Hui, Dick Wei, Philip Ko, Mark Houghton, Sophia Crawford, action choreographed by Dion Lam. Was it worth it? Maybe for fans of the actors, but it's just another horribly cheaply filmed early 90's action flick with nothing that sets it apart from the 300 other horribly filmed early 90 cheapies. VCD is atrocious, first of all, and their is some violence done to women that is distasteful. There is some action, but if you look for some semblance of a plot, go elsewhere.

Fans of Sophia Crawford (Buffy double) should enjoy an extended fight scene with Philip Ko, complete in awful looking unflattering black leotards. Mark Houghton has a fight scene or two. Fights were OK. I'm being generous here. Dick Wei is of course the triad leader baddie guy. I'm tryin to remember anything worth remembering from it. Sorry nothing. This movie is a complete waste of time. Forget it. I watched the non fight in 32x speed and I don't regret doing that.
chino

Postby MrBooth » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:20 am

complete in awful looking unflattering black leotards

Sophia or Philip? :o
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby Brian Thibodeau » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:54 am

Sophia's wardrobe was much better in Escape From Brothel, to be sure, but the black leotard thing, well, that could work too. :wink:
Brian Thibodeau

Postby Tonic » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:49 pm

:shock: I added a review of the film, it was pretty much what I expected. Good thing it only cost about £2.50!
Tonic

Postby Teddy Wong » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Does anybody knows the story behind this movie?
If not, I'm going to make the first HKMDB trial :)
Teddy Wong
HKMDB Editor

Return to Hong Kong Movies