Split suggest: The Cub Tiger from Kwangtung (1973)

Additions and modifications to the database

Split suggest: The Cub Tiger from Kwangtung (1973)

Postby heinz Germany » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:48 pm

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?i ... _credits=1
I feel to merge that movie from 1973 with another movie from 1979, which uses footage of the early movie, was a bad decision,
since it has even another director, crew, (probably company). And no Jackie Chan (who was doubled completly)...!!
Anyhow we have a lot of movies which have not been merged in that way! Anyhow it will be hard to sort the crew credits out now...
BTW: It has even a short sequence which seems to be an outtake from Drunken Master, with Jackie Chan performing one minute.
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Re: Split suggest: The Cub Tiger from Kwangtung (1973)

Postby bkasten » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:56 am

Sometimes we were too quick to merge things. But it's ok. I think we can still straighten this out. Let me see if I have records of the database before the split.
bkasten
Administrator

Postby Michael Kistner » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:57 am

Good idea.

Fortunately we have credit images for both movies in the hkmdb which will be very helpful for the split.

Corey Yuen and Jackie Chan are as example the martial arts directors of the old movie and Chiang Kam, Chu Kong and Max Lee are the action directors of the new movie.
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Postby bkasten » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:03 pm

I am still working on updating the credits for this merge.

Note the Chinese title is completely different.

Also not sure which cast images to bring over. For now I will bring over credit images.

Note that some of the Chinese language sources show this as being a 1978 release. If I find more corroborating evidence I will change this to 1978.

???? (1979)
Master with Cracked Fingers
bkasten
Administrator

Postby heinz Germany » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:55 am

Thank You all for supporting the split idea. This is the more accurate display in those people's filmography. As I kicked off the topic I may not stand beside only watching what happens, though I already decided to retire for the rest of 2020 maybe the next 4 month, because we decided to move into a new home in January. I moved those posters / ads not related to "CTOFKT" to the new edit and those portraits, which are not from "CTOFKT" - but still some extras might belong to "MWTCF" (Those in white shirts I assume). Still there are many alias titles, which do not belong to "CTOFKT" left.
heinz Germany
HKMDB Immortal

Postby bkasten » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:05 pm

heinz Germany wrote:Thank You all for supporting the split idea. This is the more accurate display in those people's filmography. As I kicked off the topic I may not stand beside only watching what happens, though I already decided to retire for the rest of 2020 maybe the next 4 month, because we decided to move into a new home in January. I moved those posters / ads not related to "CTOFKT" to the new edit and those portraits, which are not from "CTOFKT" - but still some extras might belong to "MWTCF" (Those in white shirts I assume). Still there are many alias titles, which do not belong to "CTOFKT" left.

Heinz, thanks for these updates! I am still working on it too.

Even if you are taking a break please stop by when you can. And good luck with your move!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

You and Harlock have contributed an unbelievably large amount of work in 2020, for which I and everyone who uses HKMDB should be very grateful! Thanks! And thanks to everyone else too. EVERYONE'S contributions matter.

Bob
bkasten
Administrator

Postby Michael Kistner » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:14 am

Thanks for splitting the movies.

What now is not finished is the moving of the credit images of MASTER WITH CRACKED FINGERS and to change the crew details.
Michael Kistner
HKMDB Immortal

Postby bkasten » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:45 am

I have re-reviewed the Chinese credit images. Based on these, I modified the cast order a bit and I also added the job credits.

There is still one cast credit that remains a mystery to me. ??.
bkasten
Administrator

Postby leecoo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:15 am

About ??,the appearance scene is long, so I think it is highly possible that he is this child.

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/image_detail.mhtml?id=22791&image_id=250152&display_set=big5
leecoo
HKMDB Editor

Postby bkasten » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm

leecoo wrote:About ??,the appearance scene is long, so I think it is highly possible that he is this child.

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/image_detail.mhtml?id=22791&image_id=250152&display_set=big5

Yeah, that makes sense as that name ?? is not really a name, but rather a nickname...which very likely could be given to a child. Thanks.
bkasten
Administrator

Return to Additions and Modifications