Chocolate (Thai, 2008)

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

Chocolate (Thai, 2008)

Postby ewaffle » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 am

Just watched "Chocolate". Wonderful action direction, charismatic star who is an amazing kicker. Villian who is all but impossible to kill--shot more than once, stabbed a lot, still keeps coming back until the very end.

Barely comprehensible subs. Clearly a pirate/unofficial DVD--the first sub, over a logo, is something like:

Dave and Raymond are thieving c***suckers. Go back to Hong Kong you bastards. :shock:

Which is more idiomatic than anything that follows.

Don't really need the subtitles since the dreary story is extremely simple but it does serve as a structure upon which to hang the action scenes, which take up most of the running time.

Very good use of environmental props, especially in the first fight in an ice-making plant. One villain get thrown through an ice scoring machine.

While there isn't much chance for a sequel--the central character is autistic so there wouldn't be a chance to develop much of anything--one hopes there will be more chances to see Jeeja Yanin on film.
ewaffle

Re: Chocolate (Thai, 2008)

Postby cal42 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:46 am

ewaffle wrote:Clearly a pirate/unofficial DVD--the first sub, over a logo, is something like:

Dave and Raymond are thieving c***suckers. Go back to Hong Kong you bastards. :shock:

Great. I've just burst out laughing in the office when I'm supposed to be answering solicitors' letters. Now everyone thinks I'm even odder than they originally thought... :shock:
Heroes of the East - the only blog in the world with the world famous Lam Suet-o-meter!
cal42

Return to Asian Movies