Postman Blues - do you know it?

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

Postman Blues - do you know it?

Postby cal42 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm

This is a Japanese film I read about some years back that sounded interesting. Back then, there was no internet and I assumed I'd never get to see it. Being recalled to memory just now, I've done a search and found that the film DOES actually exist and I didn't make it up, but I can't see any obvious way of obtaining it.

Has anyone seen it? Is it any good? And more importantly, does anyone sell it with English subs?

Thanks in advance.
Heroes of the East - the only blog in the world with the world famous Lam Suet-o-meter!
cal42

Postby dleedlee » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Buyoyo and sensasian still list the Edko vcd as available. I have a copy but I've never gotten around to watching it yet, even though it was one of my earliest purchases. I _should_ dig it out and watch it.
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby cal42 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:39 am

I'm not familiar with those establishments, but I'll check them out and see if I can get myself a copy.

Heroes of the East - the only blog in the world with the world famous Lam Suet-o-meter!
cal42

Postby dleedlee » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:15 pm

cal42 wrote:I'm not familiar with those establishments, but I'll check them out and see if I can get myself a copy.

Both are reliable but if you're just purchasing one disc, Sensasian (based in Malaysia) is a better bet - oftentimes free shipping. Buyoyo/layoyo/dvdshelf (HK) has steep shipping charges unless you buy in bulk, 10/20/30 'units'.
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby cal42 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks again. I had a look at Sensasian (lovely pun, BTW) which is another site I hadn't heard of. I've ordered it from there :) .
cal42

Return to Asian Movies