RENTING ASIAN MOVIES for those living in the USA

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

RENTING ASIAN MOVIES for those living in the USA

Postby BreBruce » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:42 pm

I was blessed to find the website: www.ehit.com It's to rent East Asian movies for those living in the USA. Operated like NetFlicks, where the movies are sent and returned through the mail.
BreBruce

Postby JohnR » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Have you used them yet? How many days did it take to get a movie? Is there a wait, or are the movies available?
"Looking for serenity you have come to the monastery.
Looking for serenity I am leaving the monestary."
Soen Nakagwa
JohnR

Postby KMGor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:21 pm

I've read a couple dozen reviews of them. Apparently they ship very fast (relatively speaking, as they only have one shipping point and it is in California) in the trial period, then it slows down a lot. Can take up to a week to get movies. The que list is also screwy. The waiting time for new releases can be long as well.

However, I gather they're worth it if you're mostly interested in older fare, as their stock of Asian movies (particularly region 3 stuff like the Celestial Shaw Bros. releases) is by far the best of any of the online rental services. Just don't expect instant turn around and the ability to rent 30+ movies a month.

Personally, I'm going to give it a shot in a week or two.
KMGor

Postby BreBruce » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:50 pm

My movies take two days to reach me in Tampa. And there are lots of new releases to choose from.
BreBruce

Postby Gaijin84 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:39 pm

I use them as well. When shipped out the movies only take a couple days to get to NYC. Returning them though is a much longer process, as it sometimes is a week after mailing that they show up as being received. However, they do have a cool "advanced return" feature that allows you to have your next movie shipped out immediately while they wait to get the returned one.
Their selection is fantastic and the price for 4 movies out at a time is very reasonable. One note though, you have to return 2 movies at a time, there are no single envelopes.
I would absolutely recommend them.
Gaijin84
HKMDB Immortal

Return to Asian Movies