South Korean Cinema 2007

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

South Korean Cinema 2007

Postby Mike Thomason » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:29 pm

Looking for feedback on the following titles from this release year, thus far:

Beautiful Sunday
Beyond The Years
The Evil Twin
Herb
Highway Star
Meet Mr Daddy
My Tutor Friend 2
The Old Garden
Paradise Murdered
The Show Must Go On
Skeletons In The Closet
Small Town Rivals
Soo
Unstoppable Marriage
Voice Of A Murderer
The Wonder Years

2007 titles already caught up with (entertainers in bold type):

Big Bang; Cheaters; A Day For An Affair; Mapado 2; Master Kims; Miracle On 1st Street; Operation Makeover; The Perfect Couple.

As a pointer towards the types of films I enjoy, the following are the titles from last year (2006) out of South Korea that I saw (with titles in bold types the ones that stood out for me):

200 Pounds Beauty; Ad Lib Night; Almost Love; Apartment; Arang; The Art Of Fighting; Barefoot Gibong; Between Love & Hate; Bewitching Attraction; A Big Match; A Bloody Aria; Bloody Tie; Cinderella; The City Of Violence; Cruel Winter Blues; The Customer Is Always Right; Daisy (both versions); Dark Forest; Dasepo Naughty Girls; A Dirty Carnival; Don’t Look Back; Family Matters; Family Ties; February 29; Forbidden Quest; Les Formidables; The Fox Family; Gangster High; Hanbando; Hearty Paws; Hidden Floor; Holiday; The Host; Hot For Teacher; I’m A Cyborg, But That’s OK; The Legend Of 7 Cutter; Love Phobia; Love Me Not; Lump Of Sugar; Marrying The Mafia 3; Maundy Thursday; A Millionaire’s First Love; Missing Girl (aka: World Of Silence); Mission Sex Control; Monday Drive (aka: Educating Kidnappers); Moodori; My Boss, My Teacher; My Scary Girl; My Wife Is A Gangster 3; No Mercy For The Rude; Now & Forever; Oh! My God; Old Miss Diary; Once In A Summer; Over The Border; The Romance; Roommates; Running Wild; Seducing Mr Perfect; Tazza: The High Rollers; Three Fellas; Time; To Sir, With Love; Vampire Cop Ricky; Woman On The Beach.

Unseen 2006 titles as at this writing:

Between; Fly High; Fly, Daddy, Fly; For Horowitz; How The Lack Of Love Affects Two Men; Midnight Ballad For Ghost Theatre; Monopoly; Puzzle; Radio Star; The Restless; Solace; Sunflower.

Cheers the noo! :D
Mike Thomason

Return to Asian Movies