Fearless versions

Discussions on Asian cinemas: Japanese, Korean, Thai, ....

Fearless versions

Postby JohnR » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:40 pm

I watched Fearless as a DVD rental. I rented it from the machine at Kroger and it came w/o a box or any information (which is a fair trade for a $1 rental).

There were two versions to choose from on the disc, "theatrical" and "unrated." I watched the unrated version, but had to return it before I could watch the other.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the "theatrical" and "unrated" versions?
"Looking for serenity you have come to the monastery.
Looking for serenity I am leaving the monestary."
Soen Nakagwa
JohnR

Postby dleedlee » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 pm

I'm not positive, but I think the unrated version includes a scene with a Thai fighter.

Reports from other forums are saying that the new Director's Cut w/+40 minutes is well worth it. Not more action, but more background story and the cut Michelle Yeoh scenes.
???? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness; Measure twice, cut once.
Pinyin to Wade-Giles. Cantonese names file
dleedlee
HKMDB Immortal

Postby MrBooth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:57 am

The theatrical version just had some violence/blood trimmed - the unrated version puts it back. Both versions are slightly different edits to the original HK theatrical cut, which is in turn different to the (much longer) HK extended/director's cut!
MrBooth
HKMDB Immortal

Postby pat00139 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:17 am

The theatrical version is the one that played in the US (1:43:04), the unrated one has very little more to add (1:43:33). There's not much difference between the two, less than 30 seconds. :)
pat00139

Return to Asian Movies